Welcome to Author Jennifer Laurens. I'm thrilled to have Jennifer here to do a short interview and then she is giving away 5 copies of her book HeavenlyBIO:
I've written since junior high school. An only child, I grew up writing big stories about big families. I also write YA under the name of JM Warwick. My hometown of Palos Verdes, California figures in much of my work, as does my current home of Pleasant Grove, Utah and other favorite places. I love to travel.
They say "write what you know" and I do. I am a mother, I have six children, five cats and a huge doberman/dane dog. I have a supportive husband and we've been married 25 years. Our lives, though challenging with a handicapped child who has autism, are centered in our family.
My life experiences have worked into all of my novels. Some more heavily than others, but parts of me are in each story. I love stories rich in family drama, where family members overcome obstacles through love and miracles.
Jennifer is the author of 6 young adult novels: Heavenly, Penitence, Absolution, Falling for Romeo, Nailed & Magic Hands.
Her next novel Overprotected will be released in February 2011.
INTERVIEW:
What is the last movie you saw?
The Social Network LOVED IT.
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Protien Shake.
How many books do you read a week/month?
I'm lucky to read three a year. If I have time, I write.
What's your favorite music genre? Favorite artist? Song?
Indie Pop. Sara Barielles.
Is there anything you need in order to write? (ie Chocolate, quiet, music)
Soundtrack to each book. Have to have one.
Night owl, or early bird?
Early bird.
Pet Peeves?
Late people.
Favortie Cartoon?
Pepe le Pew
If you could choose only one time period and place to live, when and where would you live and why?
Victorian Era. But only if I was rich and in NYC. I love the clothes.
What are your favorite comfort foods?
Indian.
How do you react to a bad review?
I don't read reviews.
How would you describe the target audience for your book?
Heavenly is a crossover YA novel.
To learn more about Jennifer & her books please visit her BLOG.
Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens:I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoe's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoe lost in her broken life. Zoe escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoe's autistic sister. After Zoe is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.
GIVEAWAY DETAILS:
5 Followers of this blog will win a copy of Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens.
Giveaway ends 11/28/10.
Giveaway is open Internationally.
Optional Extra Entries:
+1 Follow Jennifer on Twitter
+1 Follow Jennifer's Blog
+1 Follow Jennifer on Facebook
To Enter Fill Out This Form:
This giveaway is now closed.
Thanks for the interview! I definitely want to read this one and am adding this contest to my sidebar!
ReplyDeleteLove the interview questions. Very original and fun. Reading,Reading&Life
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the interview! Your books looks great!!
ReplyDeleteGreat interview!
ReplyDeletebgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com
Thank you. Love her Heavenly series.
ReplyDeleteLoved the interview questions.I just added the Heavenly series to my TBR list. Can't wait to read them :)
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a great book! Thank you for the interview, i love finding out where the authors come from when writing a novel. The idea she has 6 kids and still has time to write is just amazing!
ReplyDeletethanks, thanks for the giveaway and the interview, it's always nice to get to know the authors' life details
ReplyDeleteGreat giveaway thank you so much been wanting to read this book for a while. Thank you so much for the chance!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a book my Not-So-Bebe Girl Autumn would love! I can't imagine only reading 3 books a year; lately, I've been reading an average of 3 books a week! If I were a writer, though, I guess that would definitely change!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the interview AND for the giveaway!
Julie @ Knitting and Sundries
Thank you for the contest ! Heavenly sounds really interesting
ReplyDeleteThanks for this awesome giveaway!
ReplyDeleteHeavenly sounds... heavenly! :P
- Kelly
I Work For Books *g*
Amazing. I have been wanting to read this for like ever.
ReplyDeleteGreat interview! and thank you for the contest ! Heavenly sounds really amazing!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for making it international!
ReplyDelete