Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blog Tour Part 1 - Book Giveaway: Flavors by Emily Sue Harvey

Flavors by Emily Sue Harvey:

Emily Sue Harvey’s first novel, Song of Renewal, was praised by New York Times bestselling author Jill Marie Landis as “an uplifting, heartwarming story,” by bestselling author Kay Allenbaugh as a work that will “linger in the memory long after readers put it aside,” and by Coffee Time Romance as “a must-read book for anyone doing a little soul searching.” New York Times bestselling author Steve Berry said, “It captures your attention, and whets your appetite for more,” while Peeking between the Pages called it “quite simply a beautiful book.”

Now, in Flavors, this master storyteller of the human heart sweeps us along with twelve-year-old Sadie Ann Melton as she enters a life-altering season. The summer of 1950 will change everything for her. For in that summer, she will embark on an odyssey at once heartbreakingly tender and crushingly brutal. At times, she will experience more darkness than she has ever witnessed before. At others, she will thrill to lightness and joy she never imagined. By summer’s end, the Melton women in Sadie’s journey – loving her, coaxing her, and commanding her – will help shape her into the woman she becomes. And they will expose Sadie to all of the flavors of life as she savors the world that she brings into being.

Filled with charm, wisdom, and the smorgasbord of emotions that comes with the first steps into adulthood, Flavors once again proves Emily Sue Harvey’s unique ability to touch our souls with her unforgettable stories.



I've got a few more pages of this book to read so my review won't be posted until I get home this evening.

Giveaway Details:
1 copy of Flavors
Open to US only
Ends 5/15/11

To enter just leave a comment on this post. Make sure there is a way for me to contact you.

62 comments:

  1. This book sounds lovely. Looking forward to your review! Please enter me in the giveaway. readhandedlibrarian at gmail dot com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read!

    yesmelanieis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very good read. I looked at the reviews on Amazon and they were very favorable.


    Judy
    magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please enter me in contest. Sounds like a very good book. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! I'd love to read it.

    mryward(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please enter me too! Thank you so much for hosting this giveaway! edysicecreamlover18@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to be entered! Thanks!
    pacer8@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great contest!

    treerose AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting.

    tommygirl828 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good book to read ..Please enter me in this contest

    pattifritz2000 at yahoo dot com
    thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a lovely story.
    mce1011 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds great!!!

    vidishamun@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good read, please count me in!

    jaidahsmommy(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for another great giveaway. This book sounds interesting.
    Jen
    jryder416 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flavors sounds like an entertaining read!

    kissinoak at frontier dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enter me! Thanks so much!
    Tina
    tinabxtr@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to read this and then pass it on to my granddaughters. I think they would like it, too.
    mittens0831 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like a great read and I love the cover!

    Thanks!

    suzebomb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this cover art, I would love to be entered!
    mommydoesblog(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this cover

    kallosmango123@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Exploring and sharing the coming of age of a young girl is always interesting and touching. This book sounds like it will give us an intimate look at this girl and the women in her life.
    I look forward to your review.

    librarypat AT comcast DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like a great book! I love the cover, and I'm looking forward to your review :)

    Kris
    elfdrop(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Her book has a lovely cover! I grew up
    around the same time period as Sadie and would
    love to read this book...
    Many thanks, Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pick me! Pick me!! :o) This book looks great!

    widsfam7 @ digis dot net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for this!

    thegirlonfire27 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great giveaway!

    tripisu@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like a great book. Thanks for the giveaway.

    aliciacald(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the giveaway!

    moonfairyirene@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds wonderful - thanks for the chance :)

    Karen Gonyea
    ktgonyea at gmail.com

    GFC Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. sounds great
    mk261274 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'd love to read this!

    kieryaj at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds like a great read!
    lgm52@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful giveaway!

    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for the giveaway! I'm really looking forward to reading this one! :)

    rainmisoa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Would love to win this!
    mearley1979 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Flavors sounds like a book that I would love to read.
    Thanks!
    Rebecca
    rbooth43(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow. Sounds great! :) amazing_alex.0818[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  38. this sounds like a wonderful read

    tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sounds like a great story!

    meredithfl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Neat! PerilouslyPrecocious[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would love to win!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I would love to read this book.

    choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  44. It looks & sounds like a wonderful book! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. this sounds great,vboackle@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Sounds like a good book to read. I'm in.

    scarlet_kira(at)live.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Count me in!

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  48. Looks like a good read! couponinggibsongal at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Lbrouse1 at gmail dot com
    Lori Brouse

    ReplyDelete
  50. This sounds great!

    misusedinnocence@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Sounds good to me :)
    Thanks for the giveaway!!
    anjibeane@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  52. I am enered!

    lowana
    gwjohnson1115@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Looks like a really good beach read.
    mary@cire.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. This would be great!

    freebiegoddess03@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I would like to read this work!

    edgenemmers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Sounds like a great read.
    jandsfox_143@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. This sounds wonderful. I would love to read this.
    rsgrandinetti@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Interesting review, I would like to read this-
    Diane Baum
    esldiane@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I would like to read this book. Thanks for the chance to win it!

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. interesting book
    galyettina(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...