Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Author Interview & Book Giveaway: Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

Welcome to Author Bethany Griffin


Bethany Griffin is a high school English teacher who prides herself on attracting creative misfits to elective classes like Young Adult Literature, Creative Writing, and Speculative Literature. She is the author of Handcuffs & MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH (April 2012). She lives with her family in Kentucky.


Links:
Website: http://www.bethanygriffin.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/_bethanygriffin




Interview: 
If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future? 
Definitely the past.

If you could have any superpower what would you choose? 
Teleportation. I love to travel, but hate the process.

If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose? 
Well, at the moment, I think Poe, I mean, finding out how he died would be huge, and he'd be pretty interesting/entertaining.

Night owl, or early bird? 
I'm a night owl forced by my job to be an early bird.

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book. 
You should read my book if you like gothic fiction, if you aren't bothered by a little death and some disgusting plague, and a smattering of debauchery, if you like glittering parties, and don't mind a bit of romance, betrayal, or rebellion.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects? 
I just turned in the sequel to Masque, and I can't wait to begin revising it.

What was your favorite book when you were a child/teen? 
Lord of the Rings. I read it over and over and over. 

Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters? 
Machine Gun by Portishead

Who are your favorite authors of all time? 
Tolkein, Anne Rice, Stephen King

What's the craziest writing idea you've had? 
The idea to retell Poe's Masque of the Red Death, and make it a little steampunk, a little horror, a little speculative fiction, a little bit dystopian, and a lot post-apocalyptic. That's a crazy idea if I ever heard one!

What's the best advice anyone has ever given you? 
Quit worrying so much.

What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year? 
Maybe The Raven, but probably The Hobbit.

Favorite music? 
90's alternative, a bit of grunge.

If you had 24 hours alone how would you spend it? 
Reading books. Maybe taking a nap.

Masque of the Red Death
Everything is in ruins. 
A devastating plague has decimated the population. And those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles to pieces around them. 
So what does Araby Worth have to live for? 
Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery make-up . . . and tantalizing ways to forget it all. 
But in the depths of the club—in the depths of her own despair—Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club. And Elliott, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither boy is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does. 
And Araby may find something not just to live for, but to fight for—no matter what it costs her.



Giveaway Details
1 ARC of Masque of the Red Death + Swag (bookmark & bracelet)
Open Internationally
Ends 5/2/12

a Rafflecopter giveaway

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for this giveaway! I absolutely loved her book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic interview. And thanks for this giveaway.

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the giveaway! I've read such awesome buzz about this book, I'd love to try it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Awesome. Thanks for the giveaway. I'm DYING to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this book. I love Poe and am actually related to him! ( like is 7th cousin I think!) Great interview! Thanks for the chance!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the chance to win this book!! I've had my eye on it for awhile now. Wonderful interview!
    DeAnna Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy this is open internationally!
    This book is on my to-read list! (:
    Thank you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic interview! I can't wait to read Masque of the Red Death :) Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love originality in this Thanks for the interview and giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the giveaway. I'm DYING to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great interview. I've heard great things about this book. I'd so love to win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the giveaway and the interview as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at the title. Anything Poe-esque is woooonderful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would love love love to win this book! I can't wait to read it. Thanks for the author interview. I liked getting to know about her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the giveaway; I am psyched to read this one :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great interview! I love the cover. Thanks for having the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome. The cover is great, I love it. And the story sounds interesting.

    Thank u for the giveaway and making it international.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice interview,,,i like this cover eye catching heheheh...
    thanks for the giveaway..i cant wait to reading this books..putting it on my TBR..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE Portishead! Totally makes me want to read this book even more now! Thanks so much for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ~ I have read so many great reviews about this book and look forward to reading it myself. Thank you for sharing.

    http://www.justonemorechapter.net/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the amazing giveaway! Stoked to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd really love to win Masque of the Red Death! Thank you for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin is a little hard to put into words. It's a dark and intense book with contagions and Victorian times and slightly steampunkish and gothic themes. Basically - Masque of the Red Death isn't a book that's usually something I'm into. So if you're kind of like me and not really into that stuff - you should read Masque of the Red Death anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...