Today I'm featuring the Amity Faction as part of Divergent Week.
Amity:
1. friendship; peaceful harmony.
2. mutual understanding and a peaceful relationship, especially between nations; peace; accord.
Clothing:
Amity wears red & yellow.
Initiation:
Unknown but likely involves singing & laughter.
Manifesto:
Conversations of Peace
TrustA son says to his Mother: “Mother, today I fought with my friend.”
His Mother says: “Why did you fight with your friend?”
“Because he demanded something of me, and I would not give it to him.”
“Why did you not give it to him?”
“Because it was mine.”
“My son, you now have your possessions, but you do not have your friend. Which would you rather have?”
“My friend.”
“Then give freely, trusting that you will also be given what you need.”
Self-SufficiencyA Daughter says to her father: “Father, today I fought with my friend.”
Her Father says: says: “Why did you fight with your friend?”
“Because she insulted me, and I was angry.”
“Why were you so angry?”
“Because she lied about me.” (In some versions: “Because I was hurt by her words.”)
“My daughter, did your friend’s words change who you are?”
“No.”
“Then do not be angry. The opinions of others cannot damage you.”
ForgivenessA Husband says to his Wife: “Wife, today I fought with my enemy.”
His wife says: “Why did you fight with your enemy?”
“Because I hate him.”
“My husband, why do you hate him?”
“Because he wronged me.”
“The wrong is past. You must let it rest where it lies.”
KindnessA Wife says to her Husband: “Husband, today I fought with my enemy.”
Her Husband says: Why did you fight with your enemy?”
“Because I spoke cruel words to her.”
“My wife, why did you speak cruel words to her?”
“Because I believed them to be true.”
“Then you must no longer think cruel thoughts. Cruel thoughts lead to cruel words, and hurt you as much as they hurt their target.”
(The following section was part of the original manifesto, but was later removed.)InvolvementOne Friend says to Another: “Friend, today I fought with my enemy.”
The Other Friend says: “Why did you fight with your enemy?”
“Because they were about to hurt you.”
“Friend, why did you defend me?”
“Because I love you.”
“Then I am grateful.”
Quotes Amity would likely agree with:
Peace is an attribute in you, you cannot find it outside. ~A Course in Miracles
Make Love, Not War ~unknown
Peace is an individual conquest; it has never been a deed of the masses. ~Armando Cosani
We could learn alot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live in the same box. ~unknown
Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. ~Albert Schweitzer
The discontented cannot find peace; but those who find peace are content. ~Linda Fifer Ralphs
Neither genius, fame, nor love show the greatness of the soul. Only kindness can do that. ~Jean Baptiste Henri Lacordaire
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. ~Audrey Hepburn
Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. ~Scott Adams
Are you Peaceful/Kind enough to be part of Amity?



I would totally be Amity! I decided that when I read the choosing ceremony, and I decided that I am also the smartest because Amity seems to be the place to be! Even though no one seems to think so...
ReplyDelete