Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Book Spotlight: Sweetest Taboo by Eva Marquez + Kindle Touch Giveaway


Sweetest Taboo by Eva Marquez
Isabel Cruz was fifteen years old when she met Tom Stevens. She was 15 when they started dating, and 16 when she lost her virginity to him. By the time she turned 18 and went to college, everything had fallen apart. This hadn’t been an ordinary love, though. Not a love between two dear friends, or even high school sweethearts. This had been the most taboo sort of love there was: a relationship between a student and her teacher. Isabel started her high school career as a normal student, but set her sights on Tom Stevens as soon as she met him, and pursued him with an intense – and sometimes reckless – fascination. When he finally approached her after swim practice and told her that he shared her feelings, it was the start of a forbidden and dangerous relationship.


Tour Schedule

About Author Eva Marquez:
Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, daughter of European immigrants, Eva Márquez has spent most of her life outside of her home country. At the age of five, Eva accompanied her parents to the United States, where the family settled permanently. After graduating from university, she went on to complete graduate studies in International Relations in Spain. Eva received her Master of International Studies degree from the University of Sydney and went on to work in the global health field in Sub Saharan Africa and South East Asia. Eva currently resides in Southern Africa.

http://sweetesttaboobook.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Sweetest.Taboo.YA.Book
https://twitter.com/EvaAuthor

Tour Giveaway - Comment to Enter:
Eva will award a Kindle touch to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour, and a swag pack of goodies to one commenter at this stop.

49 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of your books yet.
    This one looks so interesting.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really interesting! Thanks for the chance to win (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Eva! you already know what i thought about your book. thank you for the opportunity to read it and for a chance at a Kindle!

    hi Kathy! thanks for hosting! c",)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of your books as of yet. Thanks for the chance!
    Kathy Ross
    kathyross75@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting, Kathy!

    To all commentators (and Ao Bibliophile can vouch for this ;-), I promise a very engaging and emotional read in Sweetest Taboo!

    Thanks for commenting...and good luck in the giveaway!

    Happy reading,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of teachers falling for students or students falling for teachers. I would like to read a story about what might happen in such a circumstance. I am also interested in Multicultural authors. I haven't read about an author from Argentina. Would like to meet this author through her book. I love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an interesting story to read. I appreciate you hosting. Thanks! saltsnmore at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This story doesn't seem to have a HEA. I hope I am wrong and that it all ends up happily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great read.
    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like Sweetset Taboo is a very emotionally intense read. It's not a topic I've read much about, so I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book seems really nice.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This books sounds awesome! Can't wait to start reading it, and thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Giveaway....I actually received a ARC copy of this book and it was GREAT make sure you all buy it....Eva deserves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is a great giveaway! I haven't read any of her books yet, but this is going on my to read list. I recently read a story with a similar plot line. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This really does look like an interesting book and I'm adding it to my ever growing TBR list. I haven't seen this story time in a while and other than movies I've never actually read one so this taboo will be interesting to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What and exciting giveaway. I am intrigued by the book "Sweetest Taboo," particularly since Kathy is hosting this tour highlighting Eva. I might have been afraid to try it on my own. Now I am very curious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read your books yet, but I'm very intrigued. Thanks!

    frenchcanadienne(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this sounds like a very interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This book looks super good. Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. To all commentators, thank you for your interest in my debut novel! I can assure you that Sweetest Taboo will not disappoint. RT Reviews calls it 'An extraordinary debut novel that draws you in instantly…a gripping account of your not so typical happily ever after romance."

    The release date was pushed back to Oct 15, but it will certainly be available on Amazon.com then AND if you pre-order before then through the SweetestTabooBook.com website, I am including a complimentary swag pack!

    Thanks for commenting...be assured that you have all been entered for a chance to win this blog tour's grand prize...a Kindle Touch!

    Thank you again for supporting my literary work!

    Happy reading,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi,
    I hope this is not too late to enter the giveaway. I wanted to say that this does look like a good read. A most taboo relationship indeed.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just came from a 50 yr reunion where a friend admitted she had a huge crush on a teacher (who was also there!) and she told him. He wanted to know why she hadn't told him then. Wonder what would have happened.... Would love to read your book!
    Bonnie Hilligoss
    bonhill@speakeasy.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the chance to win!! Sounds really good!!
    natasha_donohoo_8 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for having giveaways. rblerner@ptd.net is my primary email.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't your books yet. I would like to very much. This book sounds really good. Thanks for the giveaway. Please enter me. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. The book sounds good.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want to read this! I am glad Kathy hosted this tour:) Thank you for the chance to read more. It has my attention!Eva~Happy Writing.
    Cyndee Thomas
    cyndee(dot)thomas0(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like a really good book! I like the fact that its about a taboo subject like a student in love with her teacher! Definately going on my TBR list!

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woah! I had no idea what I was in for!
    I can't wait to see what's next!

    ellandriel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just love books and I love to read!! I need a Kindle because I bought one and then gave it to my Mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adding this to my TBR -- very interesting premise!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This sounds like an interesting book. I've added it to my TBR.
    chalainam at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lol the girl on the cover is really interesting looking! Thanks so much for the giveaway! carmenshaw95 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sounds like an awesome story! Thanks for the chance! =)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sounds like a very interesting book! Thanks for the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sweetest Taboo sounds like a great read

    tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for sharing
    kybunnies(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks like a great read!!

    sweepingtheusa at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm really interested in reading this. The teacher/student relationship is something they do A LOT in tv shows, but there it's for drama and it's not often handled well. I like that this is an honest look at this situation and most importantly the consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This does sound like a great book! I'm looking forward to it
    shermie40 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. sounds like an interesting read! - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
  43. When I started to read the blurb above, I would have never guessed student teacher relationship. Great teaser!

    kherbrand at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  44. thanks for this giveaway!
    gkuroda(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I enjoyed this book :)

    http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2012/11/book-sweetest-taboo-2012-eva-marquez.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...