Katie Kacvinsky was born in Wisconsin. She worked in the entertainment industry in Los Angeles, has lived in Phoenix, AZ, Redding, CA, Milwaukee, WI and currently Oregon. She taught high school English and worked for a young adult magazine before writing full time. She owes most of her writing inspiration to traveling.
Links:
Blog: http://kazspace.blogspot.com/
Website: http://www.katiekacvinsky.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KatieKacvinsky
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Katie-Kacvinsky/250228188328353
Blog Tour Kick Off Video
Middle Ground (The Sequel to Awaken) by Katie Kacvinsky
In this provocative cautionary tale for teens, the sequel to Awaken, seventeen-year-old Maddie’s rebellion against the digital-only life grows dangerous. Maddie is in Los Angeles, trying to stay out of trouble. But one night, a seemingly small act of defiance lands her in the place she fears the most: a detention center. Here, patients are reprogrammed to accept a digital existence. Maddie is now fighting for her mind, her soul, and her very life. Once again, Katie Kacvinsky paints a disturbing picture of our increasingly technology-based society.
![]() |
| View all the tour stops: http://kazspace.blogspot.com/2012/10/middle-ground-blog-tour.html |
Giveaway Details:
1 lucky winner will receive an ARC of Middle Ground, a copy of AWAKEN and a copy of FIRST COMES LOVE. Plus they will be entered to win the prize mentioned in the video above!
Open to US only
Ends 11/2/12
a Rafflecopter giveaway



book looks really good. i haven't read any of katies work yet but i'd love a chance to
ReplyDeleteparisfan_ca@yahoo.com
I loved hearing from Katie! Maddie's journal - WHAT AN AWESOME PRIZE! ♥
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a great read. Consider me entered! :)
ReplyDeleteKatie - Thanks for writing such an original and interesting book! I've wondered about the possible repercusions of so much technology so I'm very curious to read your books to see where you went with the idea! Thanks for this amazing giveaway - I would love to win!
ReplyDeleteYour book sounds terrific. I'd love to read it.
ReplyDeletelkish77123 at gmail dot com
looks great! id love to win these books !
ReplyDeleteKatie@ Inkk
inkkreviews@gmail.com
Thanks for the giveaway! <3
ReplyDeleteI have heard such great things about Awaken. I can't wait to read it and find out for myself.
ReplyDeleteBooks sounds great Thanks for the chance to win.
ReplyDeleteI have been looking forward to this book for forever. Loved loved loved Awaken! Justin is swoony, definitely ready to read more of him!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway. Please enter me. I would love to read. Tore923@aol.com
ReplyDeleteI loved Awaken and am so excited for book 2! Thanks for the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting this blog tour. I am reading Second Chance now and I can't wait for the release of Middle Ground.
ReplyDeleteI love your way of taking on the digital world in your writing, Katie Kacvinsky. Thank you :]
ReplyDeleteGo Pack!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed Awaken, so I'm excited for Middle Ground! Thanks for the chance to win some awesome books! :)
ReplyDeleteMandy/mandy.s.holden@gmail.com
Great to hear from you Katie!! I loved Awaken and am really looking forward to Middle Ground. It sounds like Maddie's journal is going to totally rock. What an awesome prize for someone to win!
ReplyDeleteLove the sequels cover!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely loved book one and I can't wait to read book two! Thanks so much for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI would hate to live an entirely digital life. It's the little physical things (like smell and taste and feel) that make life interesting.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely loved awaken and when I heard of middle ground I almost died. so I cant wait to read it
ReplyDeleteI love love loved Awaken and cant wait to read middle ground!!!!! You've inspired me to start writing my own novel!!!! Thank you so much for the amazing book :)
ReplyDeleteI loved AWAKEN and can't wait to get my hands on MIDDLE GROUND.
ReplyDelete