Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Got Great Giveaways Returns....

Back in March I discontinued my weekly Got Great Giveaways Post.



BLOG TITLE


Life was really busy and something had to give. I've had several bloggers mention that they missed the linky so I've decided to bring it back on a test run.  No promises on how long it will be around but hopefully for quite a while.

FYI - There are several other sites that have Book Giveaway Linkys.  These sites have been hosting a weekly linky for quite a while.
Link a Contest Thursday @ The Book Monster
Full to the Brim - Kids Book Giveaways (Fridays) @ Brimful Curiosities
Fish For a Free Book Friday @ Lori Calabrese
Saturday Situation @ Candace's Book Blog

So without further ado I bring you the Return of Got Great Giveaways...



Got Great Giveaways is a weekly feature hosted here on I Am A Reader, Not A Writer.  This feature will be posted each week on Wednesday.

I love book giveaways.  When I first started blogging I entered book giveaways on a daily basis.  It was a great way to find new books to review.  I then used those books as part of my Nearly New Books for You giveaways.  I was often asked how I was so "lucky" and won so many giveaways.  There is really no luck involved.  It's just a numbers game.  Enter enough giveaways and you are going to win them.  Just be sure to follow the giveaway entry rules so you have a valid entry and don't get disqualified.

To win a giveaway you've got to be able to find it and enter it.  Thus I created Got Great Giveaways!  If you are hosting a giveaway on your blog or come across a great giveaway you want to share please link it up here.


Got Great Giveaways? Book Giveaway Link Up Rules:
Giveaways must be book related (books, gift cards to stores that sell books, swag, etc.)
Please do not link up to Blog Hop Giveaways that are hosted on this site.
Link directly to your giveaway post.
Please include the genre, book title & ending date of your giveaway.
EDIT: And where the giveaway is open to (US, International, etc.)

Example: Young Adult - In The Forests of Night by Kersten Hamilton ends 10/28 (US)

You are welcome to grab the code for this linky and add it to your site, just be sure to mention it is for book related giveaways only so it doesn't get spammed with unrelated giveaways.
BOOK & BOOK RELATED GIVEAWAYS ONLY - others will be deleted.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome services! Thanks for bringing it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started Following blogs and entering giveaways your weekly post and Candace's were the two I most looked forward to and found the best not only because of the giveaways but also because they introduced me to soo many new blogs I would not have heard of othrwise.

    I realise doing such a post must be time consuming but I am very glad you have decided to bring the weekly post back.

    Thanks.

    Carol T

    buddytho {at} gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really doesn't take me long to get the post up... it was more an issue of "having" to post something at a certain time that was the problem. Now the kids are back in school, my son is healthy once again, and life is back into a routine so "needing" to post something is not stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great and you are fabulous. I never realized how stressful it could be knowing that you have committed to posting something on a given day. It's hard to describe but I understand. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is stressful to have commitments to keep. Sitting at the hospital worrying... I have to get this book done so I can get that review posted as promised just didn't work well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post, a friend directed me here for the contest I'm hosting on my blog with a book as a prize :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your son is doing well. Thanks for bringing back the Got Great Giveaways ! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for bringing back this post!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the opportunity to link up! Hope it doesn't get too stressful! You are amazing for doing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great feature - thank you so much for bringing it back! I have a giveaway coming up that I'll link next week. You do an amazing job building the book blogging community!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...