"Know Me Better"
Each week I will pick 5 questions off of my author interview list to answers.
I invite you to share your answers to these questions as well. You can share them as a comment on this post or share them on your own blog and link up to this post.
This Week's Questions:
Favorite restaurant?
What is your view on self publishing?
How do you feel about banned books? Do you have a favorite?
Are you for or against books being made into movies?
Top 3 things on your bucket list?
Favorite restaurant?
I love the Olive Garden but can be happy just about anywhere. I especially love Italian and Mexican food.
What is your view on self publishing?
Self publishing is awesome when it is done right. Some of my favorite authors self publish. Unfortunately it seems lately way too many people rush to publish and put out unedited, poorly done works that give self-publishing a bad name.
How do you feel about banned books? Do you have a favorite?
My take on Banned Books: All books have their place, but not all books belong on every shelf. I wrote post on it a couple years ago, my opinion hasn't change:
http://iamareadernotawriter.blogspot.com/2010/09/banned-book-week-just-my-opinion.html
As far as a favorite probably Harry Potter.
Are you for or against books being made into movies?
I'm all for it if they do a good job. Unfortunately all to often they don't do a good job. 99.9% of the time books are better.
Top 3 things on your bucket list?
Get out of debt
Remodel our house or move to a new one (we have some seriously outdated flooring)
Take my grandkids on "grandma adventures" (something my mom did with my kids before she passed away - although I need grandkids before I can do this and my oldest is still in high school so hopefully it will be a while before anyone calls me grandma)
Now it's your turn! Share an answer to one or more of these questions as a comment or post your answers on your blog and link up here! You can grab the linky code and add it to your post if you would like.

its always nice to know more about the bloggers!
ReplyDeleteOlive garden is nice but i recently discovered a place here called Brixx pizza, great italian food! i never found a place that puts goat cheese on thier pizza, its delicious!
Favorite restaurant? Mine is macayos. I love their tortilla soup. I love mexican food.
ReplyDeleteWhat is your view on self publishing? I don't have a problem with it as long as you said, it's done well.
How do you feel about banned books? Do you have a favorite? Some books don't belong on every shelf..but I don't think books should be banned from adults. We should be able to make up our own minds as to what books we want to read. Not sure I have a favorite.
Are you for or against books being made into movies? I like books being made into movies. I liked the twilight books but I like the movies much better. I still think The silence of the Lambs book was better than the movie.
Top 3 things on your bucket list?
Move into a bigger place.
My jaw dropped for a second there ..thought you were a grandma! --I love Olive Garden too! Good food and that's where hubby and I had our very first date. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is pretty cool. Here are my answers:
ReplyDeleteFavorite restaurant? Don't really have a fave anymore. Red Lobster used to be my fave but I've fallen in love with hibachi-styled dining with a great chef putting on a show.
What is your view on self publishing? As someone who has self-published, I love it. It's a LOT of work because I want my product to be as professional as a traditionally published novel, but there are, unfortunately, a lot of people who just push out anything unedited, unchecked or unrevised.
How do you feel about banned books? Do you have a favorite? Speak is a banned book I haven't read yet but I hope to. Some topics should written about and discussed. Once it crosses a certain pornographic line, there's a different shelf I may expect for it to go. But there is the rub. Who's to say what that line is?
Are you for or against books being made into movies? I'm for books being made into movies. The book is usually better but it's nicer to see a variety of movies book inspired instead of reboot number three of the same movie.
Top 3 things on your bucket list? Work on my debts is the crux of my bucket list lol!
What a fun meme! I love Olive Garden!
ReplyDeleteOlive Garden is always one of my favorites. And get out of debt should have been my first one on my bucket list. Thanks for stopping by. Love this meme!!
ReplyDeleteWe go to a local restaurant more than anywhere else probably because it is close. We love Chinese food especially Mongolian BBQ.
ReplyDeleteI don't know enough about self-publishing to comment.
As for banned books, I would think Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn - Mark Twain is buried nearby and we have visited the gravesite.
Books made into movies? I read Along Came a Spider after seeing the movie - so if a movie helps someone want to read a book - I would like it.
I really don't have a bucket list.
Hahaha! I love your answer to the last question. In my youth, my mom would always tell me in Spanish, "You better not be a teenage mom." The day after high school graduation she said, "Now, where's my grandkid?"
ReplyDelete:/
I'm 26 now and I don't plan to have kids any time soon. My mom is patiently waiting.
This is a great meme. I love Olive Garden. Ravioli di Portobello is my favorite. And, I agree with you on self-published books and banned books. So many people rush to self-publish and so much of it is bad. It makes it harder for the truly good works to be noticed. I don't think any book should be banned, but every book does not belong on every shelf.
ReplyDeleteI just posted my responses to my new blog: http://ladybibliophile83.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great questions this week. This is my first time, but I might just have to start playing along.
ReplyDelete