Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Books to Movies Giveaway Hop - Winner's Choice


Welcome to the Books to Movies Giveaway Hop

September 11th to 17th

Hosted by I Am A Reader, Not A Writer
&

This hop features books that have been made into movies or TV shows.   
Some blogs will be giving away the book, some the movie & others both!

My Giveaway:
I haven't even had time to think of what I wanted to do for this giveaway.  I spent the day in Vegas at a doctor's appointment for my son then got a speeding ticket on the way home.  First ticket I've ever gotten in my life, not that I haven't deserved one in the past, I've just been lucky enough to have never been caught before. I just got the kids to bed and should have this post live in 5 minutes... It's been one of those days.

So this will be a winner's choice giveaway.  I'll purchase a book that has been or is being made into a movie from the book depository for the winner (up to $12).  Or I'll provide a $12 Amazon Gift card for the winner to pick a book or movie from Amazon.


a Rafflecopter giveaway
Each of these blogs is hosting a giveaway as part of this hop:

317 comments:

  1. I loved The Hunger Games and I Am Number Four! Thanks for the giveaway and for hosting the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Stardust, The Princess Bride, and One for the Money, just to name a few! Thanks for the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter is probably the best but there are tons of others that I love as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I watched the world of Harry Potter come to life on the big screen for 10 years, I have to say it's my favorite :) But, any Jane Austen adaptation is a thrill! Thanks for a great giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite books that have been made into a movies are the Harry Potter books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Harry potter, the hunger Games and Mortal Instruments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry Potter The Hunger Games Gone with the Wind

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hunger Games movie. I think it is one of the best book to movie adaptations I've seen. :) And, ouch, sounds like you had a rough day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howl's Moving Castle~<3 Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have to say Harry Potter. Of course? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Narnia series & The Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  12. if tommorrow comes by sidney sheldon :)


    resha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Harry Potter, of course! And Pride and Prejudice for the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlie & the Chocolate Factory was always my favorite book growing up and I love the movies too. And I love that my little nephews love the movies already (they aren't old enough to read the book themselves yet).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like the majority of the people who answered, Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Harry Potter series I think is the best YA series that got made into a movie.Thank you for this giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lord of the Rings. No question. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Harry Potter series I think is the best YA series that got made into a movie.Thank you for this giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anna and the King of Siam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Harry Potter I think, I love both the books and the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite movie from a book is The Notebook



    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved the Lord of the Rings movies and books, also City of Ember ... loved that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved Water for Elephants and The Help!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Gone with the Wind and Love Story !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lord of the Rings all the way!! thanks for the great giveaway! <33

    ReplyDelete
  26. Harry Potter, The Mortal Instruments and I Am Number Four. Thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh the person above me said what I was going to say lol lord of the rings, I love dan browns angels and demons too

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm going back in time but I'd say Dr. Zhivago. More recently The Secret
    Life of Bees/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Somewhere In Time by Richard Matheson. The movie starred Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour. I LOVED it. Thanks for this opportunity.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

    ReplyDelete
  31. One of my favorites is The Time Traveler's Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Recently, I'd have to say The Hunger Games. Going back, probably Stephen King's The Dead Zone.

    ReplyDelete
  33. My favorite is Of Mice and Men. It's my all time favorite book. And I love both the 1939 and the 1992 films. I have a slight preference to the 1992 version though, probably because it was the first of the two I had seen as a little girl. (Nikki Marie on rafflecopter)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Not a movie really but a TV series, the Dresden Files TV series which is now discontinued and was based on the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. Thank you for the chance to win! :)

    Cherry Mischievous

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Lord of the rings trilogy was my favorite. I also loved Gone With the Wind, but that's going back a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Little Women! I can't get enough! THanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lord of the Rings, an amazing book and pretty good trilogy, and also BBC's 1995 adaptation of Persuasion

    thanks for the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  38. The Hunger Games series were great books.

    ReplyDelete
  39. +JMJ+

    I really love the movie adaptation of Stephen King's Misery--so much so that I'm very hesitant to read the book!

    Thanks so much for the giveaway! =)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really loved PS I Love You. The movie and the book are really different but they were both fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  41. The Road, Green Mile, Shawshank redemption (even though those last two are actually shorter stories.)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Persuasion, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy!!!!

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I would have to say Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Hunger Games. Thanks for the giving away, and sorry to hear that you got a ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the harry potter books and movies, and i'm a big fan of the hunger games! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. IT :)

    Then True Blood, i love that show and i love the books:)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Princess Bride is one of the best book-based movies ever done in my opinion ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  47. Harry Potter, without a doubt! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Even though it was just a short story, I love Shawshank Redemption.

    Les Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  49. I loved The Painted Veil, the movie adaptation of the Maugham novel

    ReplyDelete
  50. I loved all the Harry Potters. I thought they kept well with the books.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Lord of the Rings trilogy is one of favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. I like the movie version with Michelle Pheiffer and Daniel Day-Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm going to have to go with 2, Harry Potter series and Gone with the Wind with Hunger Games in the top 5. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Dances with Wolves has to be one of my favorite book-to-movie. I read the book first and was impressed that the movie was so close to the book that I get misty eyed just thinking about either! A wonderful story! Little Women, most any Jane Austen adaptation. LOVE Persuasion with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Pride and Prejudice, followed closely by many others.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love all the usual ones like Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and Lord of the Rings but I also really enjoyed Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd...a really sweet movie!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks for the giveaway :) What a great idea for a hop!

    Favorite book-to-movie : Memoirs of a Geisha
    Favorite movie-from-book : The Namesake

    Ugh -- speeding tickets :( Seeing those flashing lights in your rear view mirror is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Interview with the vampire by Anne Rice :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Harry Potter! Blood and chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I cannot wait for Beautiful Creatures to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I loved the harry potter books made into the movies! And I loved Red Riding Hood movie turned into a book!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Movies from books - The Lords of the Ring trilogy, fav both books & movies: Gaskell's North & South, Howl's Moving Castle, Gaiman's Stardust, Harry Potter series, etc... I can go on & on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter, The Help....too many to chose from though! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  64. My favorite book that has been made into a movie was The Black Stallion

    ReplyDelete
  65. My favorite movie that was made from a book is Legends of the Fall. It is my all time favorite movie, although I'm still not sure how they made such an excellent movie from such a horrible book.

    ReplyDelete
  66. My favorite books that have been made into movies are the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling.

    ReplyDelete
  67. The Princess Bride and The Help are my favorite books that have been made into movies.

    ReplyDelete
  68. My favorite that has been turned into a movie is a tie between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, both are just too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I thought they did a good job with Golden Compass and wish they had continued the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hunger games, both book and movie

    ReplyDelete
  71. My favorite made from books movies are the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Stardust. And I totally love the Harry Potter series both in books and in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Hunger GAmes!!

    Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  73. I'm really looking forward to seeing Life of Pi on the big screen. It's one of my favorite books of all time and it looks like the movie will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I really liked The Hunger Games I have alot that I like! Thank you for the great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  75. The Hunger Games and (soon) The Mortal Instruments!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Lord of the Rings

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. Hello there. Thanks for this giveaway :D

    I love Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and HP series :D

    Ara

    ReplyDelete
  78. The Pianist and Namesake---both excellent books AND excellent movies!

    ReplyDelete
  79. To answer both questions at once, THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!! Whoooooo-hoooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love the Hunger Games and Stardust...oh! and Princess Bride!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I would love to win!!
    Sarah Richmond
    Blanch,N.C.
    sarahrichmond.12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  82. My Favorite book into movie: A walk to remember and Pride and Prejudice (i like the movies also)
    My Favorite movie from book: Harry Potter series, Princes Diaries, Narnia, The Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  83. Doctor Zhivago is my favorite. Read the book and loved, saw the movie, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  84. i adored harry potter and lord of the rings

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. There are so many! I loved all the Harry Potter and Twilight books/movies as well as To Kill A Mockingbird and The English Patient.
    candc320@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  86. sorry to hear about your day, whew hope you get to unwind soon.

    i think mine would be the lord of the rings.
    thanks for the chance.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  87. Hi! :) Well, I definitely have seen all the Pride and Prejudice versions that I could get my hands on, and some I love way more than others... but an example of one movie that was actually better than the book - The Hunt for Red October. :)

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  88. Speeding tickets suck. I hope the news from the doctor wash away some of the regret about the ticket :(
    My fav book turned movie is Gone With The Wind. Every woman should read M. Mitchell’s book and watch the movie. And the chemistry between Gable and Leigh just jumps off the screen. Love to hate Scarlett for her childish behavior and manipulative nature and hate to love Gable for his devilish charms. Can’t get enough of that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  89. There are too many to name, I love Harry Potter, True Blood, One For the Money, The Hunger Games, Pretty Little Liars, LOTR, the list goes on

    ReplyDelete
  90. Thank you for organising such a cool event!
    I'm so excited about the movie adaptation of City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - The Mortal Instruments is one of my favourite series! I'm following daily the news about the set and the cast and I can't wait to see the movie in 2013!
    Sara @ Sara In Bookland

    ReplyDelete
  91. I loved the Hunger Games movie. I felt it really conveyed how I felt reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  92. My favorite....Bridges of Madison County. Love the book and movie!!! anadair @ nwcable.net

    ReplyDelete
  93. Kite Runner
    Thanks for the giveaway.
    mtakala1 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I loved the Hunger Games. Thanks for the great giveaway!

    jlchoyt at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  95. Harry Potter is amazing, both Books and Movies!
    I also liked I am number 4, but i think it was a movie first...i'm not sure

    ReplyDelete
  96. Hmm...that is kind of hard. I love The Notebook, but haven't read the book yet. I really loved The Hunger Games and even saw it twice in theaters, so that says a lot! It sucks you got a speeding ticket! I got one on my birthday last year, but I am known for speeding tickets unfortunately. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  97. I'm pretty excited about The Host!

    ReplyDelete
  98. I can not wait for the movie adaptations of The Great Gatsby and On the Road. Both amazing books. I hope they come out well in movie-form. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  99. One of the recent film adaptations I've enjoyed is "No Country for Old Men." One of my all-time faves is Elmore Leonard's "Out of Sight."

    ReplyDelete
  100. Bridget Jones' Diary is the first to come to mind. Also, the Harry Potter books/movies.

    ReplyDelete
  101. My favorite movie from a book is Lord of the Rings

    ReplyDelete
  102. The Princess Bride, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings! Love them!

    Hang in there! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  103. I loved The Golden Compass movie that was made from the book by Philip Pullman... sadly they won't do the other books as movies it looks like. :(

    ReplyDelete
  104. I really liked the hunger games movie, though I was not so sure going into the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Favorite book made into movie "Pride and Prejudice"

    ReplyDelete
  106. My favorite book was made into a movie, and the movie is actually on my favorites list, too, because they did a really good job: Stephen King's The Stand.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Harry potter is the best book made into a movie!!! Especially since I grew up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Still like the oldies but goodies -- Gone With the Wind and To Kill a Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  109. My favorite is The Outsiders, but the book was so much better than the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  110. The Help, Hunger Games, Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete
  111. The answer will forever be Harry Potter! <3

    ReplyDelete
  112. So many to pick from. Bridges of Madison County is one of them.
    kpbarnett1941[at]aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  113. So far The Hunger Games has been the best.

    ReplyDelete
  114. The Notebook or the Lucky One!
    -JennyC

    ReplyDelete
  115. Anne of Green Gables and all of the Jane Austen classics that have been turned into movies and Lord of the Rings.

    ReplyDelete
  116. The Hunger Games

    beh2351@frontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  117. I would say Gone With the Wind and Anne of Green Gables.

    Thanks for putting together the hop and for the giveaway opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  118. My favorite book to movie is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontƫ. The 2007 version with Ruth Wilson is amazing!
    Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  119. I think that I would get Havana Nights by Amanda Bader

    ReplyDelete
  120. That's easy! Gone With the Wind is my favorite romance and I loved the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  121. My favorite book-to-movie is "Pride and Prejudice"!

    ReplyDelete
  122. Definitely Harry Potter series!
    Thanks for the Giveaway!

    ~Anatea

    ReplyDelete
  123. The Princess Bride, along with the Lucky One! :) I'm also really looking forward to The Perks of Being a Wallflower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  124. I like many books made into movies. I will go with the newest that I enjoyed. Hunger Games. =)

    ReplyDelete
  125. I like The Importance of Being Earnest quite a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  126. Jaws has always been one of my favorites. I love it on a cool winter afternoon when they they run them all in a marathon. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  127. As you wish! I have loved The Princess Bride since I was a little girl. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  128. I love the adaptation of Game of Thrones to HBO. I actually love the HBO series better than the books! But if we're talking strictly large screen, I liked the Stardust adaptation a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  129. My favorite book to movie adaption has probably been The Help. I think they did a really good job with Hunger Games as well.

    ReplyDelete
  130. I have 2 that tie, Harry Potter & The Shawshank Redemption. :)

    ReplyDelete
  131. Thanks for the giveaway! My favorites are The Hunger Games and Misery.

    ReplyDelete
  132. Memoirs of a Geisha and Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete
  133. Harry Potter is on the top of my list, but also Jane Austen books and North and South by Elisabeth Gaskell.

    ReplyDelete
  134. I would have to say the hunger games(:

    ReplyDelete
  135. My favorite book made into a movie is Pride and Prejudice. The 2005 version is stunning. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  136. To Kill A Mockingbird or Anne Of Green Gables (miniseries) or Emma (Gwyneth Paltrow version).

    ReplyDelete
  137. The Hunger Games wins. Also Twilight and The Notebook. Not very original I know. But true.

    ReplyDelete
  138. Harry Potter and Pride & Prejudice!

    ReplyDelete
  139. Diary of Ann Frank...Pride & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  140. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I read the books when I was younger and loved them, but the movies were outstanding as well.

    ReplyDelete
  141. i loved the dreamcatcher by stephen king, the book was way better

    ReplyDelete
  142. Favorite book made into a movie: The Hunger Games

    Favorite movie made from a book: The Lord of the Rings

    (I liked The Hunger Games book more, but I liked the LOTR movies better.)

    ReplyDelete
  143. Pride & Prejudice - love both the book & the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  144. The Lord of the Rings. No doubt. :) Second probably goes to How to Tame Your Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  145. I can't wait to see what Jay Baruchel does with Dave Bidini's book BASEBALLISSIMO!

    eai(at)stanfordalumni(dot)org

    ReplyDelete
  146. I love Twilight and I Am Number 4. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  147. One of my favorites is The Joy Luck Club!

    Thanks,
    LEanne

    ReplyDelete
  148. My favorite movie made from a book was Practical Magic and I even liked the movie better.

    ReplyDelete
  149. I have to say Harry Potter and The Lord of The Rings

    ReplyDelete
  150. Pride and Prejudice, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Godfather.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  151. My favorite book that has been turned into a movie is definitely the Harry Potter series.

    ReplyDelete
  152. Wow there's a few. Harry Potter. Twilight. The Hunger Games. It' not a movie, but TV show... The Vampire Diaries. I'm excited for Beautiful Creatures and The Immortal Instruments. I'm also excted to see Addison Moore's Celestra series come to TV!

    ReplyDelete
  153. My very favorite is Harry Potter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  154. Favorite: Lord of the Rings. Some good ones too are The Notebook, Hunger Games and Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  155. My favorite movies made from a book is The Lord of the Rings.

    ReplyDelete
  156. Pride and Prejudice BBC version.

    ReplyDelete
  157. I love the Harry Potter books/movies
    Howls Moving Castle (Diana Wynne Jones--all hail) and Practical Magic (Alice Hoffman) were also really good; both are pretty different plot wise but stay so true to the spirit of the original novel

    ReplyDelete
  158. My favourite book to movie series has got to be Harry Potter. Those series are just perfect and epic. :D
    Unforgettable and unbelievable stuff!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  159. Willy Wonka is my favorite movie that was adapted from a book.

    ReplyDelete
  160. my favorite The Notebook! :)

    (I'm Joss on rafflecopter)

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  161. Harry Potter & Lord of the Rings. Thanks for the giveaway =)

    ReplyDelete
  162. Color Purple - fantastic book and great movie.
    Thanks for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  163. The Hunger Games! The book rocks but I think the non-readers wouldn't appreciate the movie that much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...